Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Who knew!?

Here it goes..Im putting it out there..
I am glad I am no longer a stay at home mom.

I can't believe I am saying that..

I know some of you are shaking your head in disapproval, some are nodding in agreement and some are wishing they had the chance I did to be a SAHM for 15 months.

Being able to stay home with Hayden for 15 months was amazing. It was such a blessing, I felt and feel so lucky to have had that time with her and I am super happy I didn't have to worry about sending her off to daycare as an infant.

HOWEVER, after having 2 weeks off for the holidays I realized that I am not a good SAHM. I'm just not. Maybe I'm too lazy or maybe its because we don't have a big area to play in, who knows! 
I love spending time with my girl, I love going places with her and being silly together but I in no way provide for her, educationally, the way she needs. It really made me realize that this opportunity (my job) came at the most perfect time. It just goes to show that everything really does happen, when it happens, for a reason.

With that said, I think 15 months was such a perfect amount of time to stay home. I can't imagine, when we have our next child, not staying home. I know we will (hopefully) be in a different living situation and I will probably need to work but I cannot imagine sending an infant to daycare. I give moms who have to do this so much credit! It is like sending your heart to spend the day in someone else. 
Here is my realistic hope (since I non-realistically I would want to be a millionaire and have the option to stay home for a year): I will have the baby around March and then have 6 months to stay home since school won't open until September. Wish me luck...but just not yet because baby #2 aint commin for a loooooooooong time.


No comments:

Post a Comment