Monday, September 20, 2010

Zoo-Ba-Lee-Zoo!

As I mentioned on Friday H and I were heading up to my parents to spend the weekend with them. The weather was beautiful, the food was plentiful and the laughter was infectious. Hayden had the most fabulous time with "Team Grandpas" (as they have dubbed themselves) and I had a fabulous time too! We went to dinner on Friday to a restaurant that has animals mounted on every inch of every wall. Giraffes, elephants, ostrich...It was crazy. H melted down got tired half way through so her grandpas took turns carrying her around the restaurant looking at animals..and, of course, she did her Miss. America thang and waved and said "HI!" to anyone that would listen.

Saturday my parents had plans so Hayden and I went on a play-date with someone I grew up with! We went to school together since...elementary believe. We reconnected on Facebook (ah, the wonders of FB stalking) and decided our kids were the perfect couple and needed to meet. So they did:

This is Will. 

and he is literally too cute.

 He was checking the gas while Hayden waited for him to get in.

side bar: I have a video of me at H's age in one of these cars. The only difference is that I was so chubby I got stuck in the car and my mom taped me trying to get out while she laughed hysterically.

They fed the fish in Wills backyard together..

..then completely denied their moms of
a cute picture of them on a bench together :-(

After the play-date we stopped by my grandparents house to surprise them with a little Hayden-time and they were so excited! It was really cute.
On Sunday Team Grandpas (aka Papa Alex & Grandpa Tom) wanted to take Hayden to a zoo that my dad used to take me and my brother to when we were itty bittys. It was so fun--especially now that she is walking..she can really explore for herself.
With the Alpacas :-)
Staring Contest..Hayden totally won.


Amazing..until it scared the crap out of her.


Thank Goodness for the mist sprayers!

..and when you have 2 grandpas The Gift Shop is always highly anticipated.
They let her go wild in there!


and as if that wasn't enough for you..here are a few randoms from the weekend that I enjoy-hope you're weekend was as wonderful as ours!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a great weekend. I love spending time with the family and now with the little one it's so important! How fun that she got to explore the zoo walking, gives it a whole new meaning! As always, love the photos!

    By the way, I have a blog award for you. Stop by when you get a chance!
    http://chalkboardstostrollers.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-first-award.html

    Have a happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete