Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th & Thank You!

I just wanted to hop on the interwebs to wish all those in the blogosphere a happy, safe and thankful
4th of July.
I may not be the most patriotic (I could care less about The World Cup or The Olympics) and I may not agree with the war we are stuck in but I forever support all the brave men and women of our armed forces!They do things that I am not brave enough to do and endure things I never could. To all the moms and dads who are away from their kids, missing the birth of their children and going months upon months without seeing their loved ones-thank you.
You are strong in ways that most of us can't even comprehend.

Thank you for protecting us.

....and now I am off to make sure my husband doesn't blow himself up with fireworks.

2 comments:

  1. Very well said. I'm not very patriotic, but I do support PEOPLE who do things that most don't have the guts to do.

    Good luck with keeping your husband in one piece. I'll check back tomorrow to see about any ER visits. Haha.

    I'm following your blog, now, by the way. :)

    Echo
    Barely Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not think you're very patriotic, but go to another country, even for a vacation, and you realize how great our country really is. Maybe just because it's home and I'm used to the way things work here, but I couldn't live anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete